Wednesday 16 June 2010

Do It Once, Do it.... (Right?)

I know I should have got into property development years ago. By now I would have had a row of houses like on the Monopoly board. It's not for the capital wealth. (OK, not just for that). It's to make efficient use of my time. For whenever something goes wrong in the house, it leads to a journey of discovery trying to work out what part is broken and how to fix it. The internet helps but I still have to do the work.

Plus there is always the risk that I haven't found the real fault and buy parts needlessly or make the matter worse. But that's the burden that we DIY'ers bear. And which my wife does not appreciate. The tasks I take on are always so much greater than hers. With more challenging problems. Correct?

But back to the real issue. Once I have done the research, found the problem and implemented the solution then a sense of satisfaction ensues. But I will likely never meet this problem ever again. What an inefficient use of time. Now if I owned a row of identical houses then I could go and fix the same item in every one of them. With the time and money I'd saved, I'd soon be a millionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment